Knap of Reeds
72 Acres, Granville County, North Carolina
Private hunting and recreational property 30 minutes north of I-540 near the town of Butner. Located well off the main road, the property is surrounded by large tracts including several thousand acres owned by the State of NC (Camp Butner). The property includes four permanent stands, three food plots (room for more), an old mill site, large creek, roads, trails and shooting lanes. The property has been managed for wildlife and recreation and contains plenty of deer and turkey with the occasional bear. The adjacent 18 to 240 acres is for sale.
The property is subject to two conservation easements that will limit development in the area. Land land is 25 miles to Durham, 12 miles to Butner, 14 miles to Creedmoor and 35 miles to central Raleigh. The property is gated. Please call agent before viewing.
- Private, no neighbors
- 30 miles north of I-540
- Hunting stands, food plots, shooting lanes
- Deer, turkey, occasional bear
- Large creek with small bass and sunfish
- Gated access
- Borders State owned land and large wooded tracts
- Permanent conservation easements
From Enon Road: Take Blue Mountain Road (private, gravel) .5 miles to the red double cattle gate on the left. Go through the gate and follow the gravel road (turns into dirt after the bridge) about 1.3 miles to the property on the right. Look for the yellow chain. Property is gated, call for combination.
36.237801,-78.792808 at red gate on Blue Mountain Road.
To protect water quality and unique plant and animal communities, the property is protected by two conservation easements:
- a 300' wide conservation easement along Knap of Reeds Creek. Hunting, fishing, hiking is allowed. Building and clearing is not allowed.
- a 500' wide easement along the southern boundary line. Forestry, clearing, farming, hunting, hiking allowed. Building not allowed.
(click thumbnails to view full size images)
Disclaimer: Information taken from reliable sources and thought to be correct. Potential buyers should perform their own due diligence and verify all information.