Farmhouse and Outbuildings on 100± ac, Granville County, NC
Located in northern Granville County near the NC and VA line, this farm includes a restored 1907 farmhouse, horse barn, greenhouse, 14 historic outbuildings and frontage along Kerr Lake. The farm also includes a 1.5 acre pond, fenced pasture, agriculture fields, extensive gardens and mature timber. This property contains a complete array of well-maintained early twentieth century outbuildings commonly found on a turn of the century tobacco farm. Due to the historical and cultural significance of the buildings and surrounding 40 acres, the property was entered into National Register of Historic Places in 1988 (call agent for more information). Agent must be present for showings.
The farmhouse is a center hall "I-house" built in 1907 and has been completely restored. It includes several newer additions such as modern kitchen and sunroom while retaining original features such as heart pine floors, tin roof, plaster walls, original doors windows and moldings.
- 2,739 square feet
- 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths
- modern kitchen with granite countertops, new appliances and cherry/maple cabinets completed in 2003
- sunroom with new fireplace (adjoins kitchen) completed in 2003
- original features: heart pine floors, 4 fireplaces, windows, doors, moldings, tin roof, siding
- two porches, deck, security system, pantry, ceramic tile in bathrooms
- Modern HVAC
- Hot tub on deck
- 18 kilowatt generator
The property includes several modern buildings as well as a complete array (12 structures) of outbuildings that were typically found on a early twentieth century tobacco farm ( constructed from 1908 to 1923).
- modern 22'x38' two-stall horse barn with tack and hay storage
- modern 14'x22' greenhouse with heat, power and water
- modern 25'x35' workshop with concrete floor, HVAC, and upper storage area.
- historic buildings include: store, smokehouse, log barn, packhouse, strip house, ordering house, 3 tobacco barns, shop, carriage house and corncrib
- other structures include: well house, garden shed, old tenant house and car port
The property is a combination of pasture, agriculture fields and mature timber that is surrounded on three sides by the Corps land along Kerr Reservoir. The property fronts Kerr Lake and comes with a dock.
- 1.5 acre pond viewable from house
- 19 acres of fenced pasture and agriculture fields
- 4 acres surrounding the house has extensive gardens, mature trees and an automatic sprinkler system
- Kerr Lake frontage with a dock. The property is surrounded by Kerr Lake land on three sides making the home private.
- Mature timber worth over $100,000
- drivable trails throughout the property and on the Corps land
- winding driveway with bridge; alternative access on Townsville Road
From Oxford: Take Highway 15 north about 14-15 miles and turn right on Old Highway 15. The property is on the right. Agent must be present for showings.
(click thumbnails to view full size images)
Outbuildings, horse barn, greenhouse
*Fixtures that do not convey: farm bell and post, birdhouse and post, dining room light fixture and dust collection motor/housing in shop.
Disclaimer: Information taken from reliable sources and thought to be correct. Potential buyers should perform their own due diligence and verify all information.